Humanity (and Six College Credits)
Hello, all! Just letting you know that I have passed my first CLEP – that is, College Level Examination Program test. I took the Humanities exam. This means I have six (6) credit hours to my name, completely transferable to whichever college I decide upon attending!
Isn’t this just awesome? It took me a few months of preparation to be ready for the test, most of which wasn’t really studying. Alright, since I’ve confused you, let me give you the whole low-down on what I did:
- First, my sister decided that she wanted to take the Humanities test next, since it was on her list of CLEPs she needed to take. And since I didn’t end up taking Natural Sciences with her, I decided to have a go at this CLEP, too. Thankfully, I ended up taking the exam this time.
- Next, she bought a study guide, the official CLEP review book on Humanities. Man, was that book helpful. It provided us with two practice examination tests.
- Then we crammed. We were expecting to take it back in April, but we didn’t feel prepared. So we waited.
- Then it rolled around to last week, and my sister wanted to take the test. Fair enough, but when it came time for it, I still wasn’t ready. So we delayed till this week. She took it on Wednesday, but once again, I did not feel ready.
- So, I took it today. And passed!
One final thing you should know: right before a test, I would cram, cram, cram, using Wikipedia primarily. I searched up so many different authors, poets, playwrights, operas, movements – wow. I can definitely say I learned a lot. Thing is, I probably won’t remember a bit of it in a few months. But at least I can say I can cram.
After all, that’s all colleges want us to do, right? Get an A?
>Sigh< Well, I really did learn a lot from this preparing for this test. I’m glad for the learning, the college credit, and the personal macho-feeling it gives you. Even if the educational system is off-kilter, one can still choose to learn. Life is a journey, and no matter what, new adventures and places to discover will appear on the horizon.
Let us learn together!
P.S. And oh, BTW! I got a great score on the test: 72! You see, 20 points is the lowest you can get, and 80 points is the very highest, whereas 50 points is passing. So I did well, and I’m thankful. A great, big thanks to all my friends who thought of me, encouraged me, and prayed for me. Praise God!
- Custom Drawings for Free (OFFER EXPIRED)
- Shooting With Zoom for Portraits
- Druid Peak Film Shoot in West Virginia
- Tomorrow the Madness Begins
- A Character is a Character
- The Importance of Copyrights
- My Life Continues: Sheetz, Illustration, and 3D
- Literally 6 More
- “The Pied Piper: The Musical” Opens Tonight!